Thursday, January 13, 2011

Use your coconut!




While we were grocery shopping yesterday, the kids spotted a coconut, and had all kinds of questions...so we bought one.

After school  all three girls lined up at the counter, and watched in anticipation as I broke it open.



The water went EVERYWHERE, and I quickly grabbed a coffee cup to let it drain in to.  They were so surprised that it wasn't "milk"  I think they were a bit disappointed.






I let them each have a sip, and each of them replied with a "yuck".  We came to the conclusion that coconut water tasted like "an armpit with coconut perfume on it"  After that, we scooped out some of the insides, and they each had a taste of that...this tasted much better, apparently. 







So after that, they lost interest and I was left wondering what the hell to do with the rest of it. 

It's now in the freezer, waiting...until I come up with something to do with it...

:)  Any ideas?  Use your coconut!

No comments:

Post a Comment